Crane Pic resizeQ: My property is being taken by the government? What can I do?

A: Both the U.S. Constitution and Oklahoma law allow the federal, state and local government or their agencies to take private property for public use. However, those same laws clearly say that the property owner must receive “just compensation.”  The determination of what “just compensation” is for any particular property can be extremely challenging. It’s very important to consult an attorney with particular experience in condemnation and eminent domain to evaluate the compensation, explain your options, and perhaps even represent you in court.

Call Now Button